My two year old daughter has been throwing up off and on for over a month now with three ear infections??

I dont know what to do. This past week since friday she has thrown up every day and she now has another ear infection. Ive told the doctors that she throws up and they really dont say anything else about it. What could it be from? Could it be from the ear infection. She also has a fever. I dont know what else to do. Has anyone gone threw this before? Please let me know. Thanks for your help!!

BriannasMommiee

Asked by BriannasMommiee at 3:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Throwing up that much and that long can't be right. Seek another Dr.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about the throwing up unless it is just her reaction to fever. The ears are connected to the sinuses, so maybe her sinuses are draining and causing the ear infections and also making her tummy upset. Can you press the doctors for an explanation? or suggest a referral to a specialist?

Answer by Bmat at 3:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• What are you feeding her regularly? Could she be having an allergic reaction to something?

Ultimately, GET A DIFFERENT DOCTOR! If the one you are seeing isn't helping you, get another opinion! Vomiting that much and being that young (she can't way much as it is...), it is harmful to her system. Get a different physician.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I was thinking the same thing. Allergies/Sinuses can cause ear infections. Also, the drainage could cause her to throw up. I'd have her tested to see what she's allergic to. Food allergies don't usually cause ear infections, so I'd have her checked out for outdoor and indoor allergies such as dust, pollen, rag weed, certain animals ec... It may be happening now bc of allergy season.

Hope she feels better!

Hope this helped.
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Ear infections mess with their equilibrium. It is quite possible that she is vomiting due to the ear infections. You need to get the ear infections cleared up. With that many ear infections (3) within the same month, it's likely that it's the SAME ear infection, but it's never cleared up. Your daughter needs a different antibiotic and ear drops. Clear up the ear infection and I'm sure the vomiting will subside too. Good luck!!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 3:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I went thru this too and I'm going thru it again. Some kids throw up when they're teething mine does and it sucks I know. You should take her to a pediatrition ow whatever and they could probably help but with mine I jus don't feed her alot or I let her chew on a toy or somethin to break her teeth in faster.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• could be the sinus drainage causing the throw up. I would get a second opinion if doc isnt' concerned about the throw up. He may be right not to be, but it's hard to tell at that age.
    Anonymous

• throwing up and recurrent ear infections are all related to food allergies and intollerances. You may want to look into that route. Good luck.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Make an a appointment with a pediatric ENT
    grandmalinda707

Answer by grandmalinda707 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009