Divorce Judge Orders Homeschooled Children Sent Back to Public School...

Do you think the judge is diverting attention from a biased decision by attacking the church? Or does the father have just as much of a right and say in the children's education as the mother and the judge responeded accordingly? Your thoughts?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509687,00.html
http://www.hsinjustice.com/

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course the father has just as much right as the mother. I agree with putting them in public school too.

Anonymous

• Unfortunately when you get divorced they get to say all sorts of things about the raising of your children and you are forced to comply. They are his children and he has the right to request it, and most judges will view homeschooling as not favorable when they get involved. I cannot say if it is fair or not, but the father does have the right.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Were they lacking in the basic subjects?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Are the children with the mother most of the time? Is the father requestind this for the sake of the children or using it as a way to get back at the mother?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• From what I understand they were not lacking but actually ahead.Also supossidly they had been home schooled for 8 or 9 yrs already.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If they are flurishing then what is the deal?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• From everything I have read I don't see an injustice. I think the judge responded to the concern of the father.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Ok I read it now. It looks like the Father and even the the Moms own family are concerned for the children. Not all homeschooled children are involved with orgainizations like the Sound Doctrine Church . Thats sad to put homeschooled families in a negative light.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• The Wifes own Mother is very concerned for her daughter and grandchildren. The Father said once his wife joined the church she became a different person, not the woman he married.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Who knows..Accussations were made against the church but it could be just gossip.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2009