Christian ladies, do you think that in order to be a good Christian and right before the Lord's eyes, that one must go to church, and if so how often?

I am just asking this question because I used to go to church very regularly. I mean for Church on Sunday, Bible Study on Wednesday and any and all other events that took place both at the church and at the homes of the families that attended the service. I used to really enjoy this. It was long before I got married and gave birth to my son. I think some people didn't approve of some things that I did, or the man that I chose to marry and it became obvious that I was no longer welcome at that church. My husband and I eventually found another church that wewent to for a while but after what happened at the last church I can not get into it like I could before and I have stopped going. I know that you are going to say

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Grace lives, Wisdom lives and Love reigns.
    No matter the past we are to see who you are in the present and encourage you to move toward your future. Sadly many do not understand grace and His love and will choose to point and judge a repentant sinner saved by His amazing grace. a beloved child of God! Many Believers do not realise that they are Highly Blessed and Highly Favored!
    I hope you find a home that you feel like you are part of the family and loved!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I don't see how going to church every Sunday is going to make you or the next person better and more worthy of God. You can pray, read the bible and live your life according to God without going to church every Sunday or whatever day you go.

Anonymous

• I do not think you have to go to church to be a good Christian. You simply must worship, but that doesn't have to be in a church. JMO.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yes, God is everywhere. But if you are truly saved then your HEART desires to be around others who follow him as well. You just WANT to go.

But I totally understand about changing churches and trying to work your way in. You just have to be a joiner. I am not and when we started a new church I felt left out too. Until I began to JOIN some church related things, like our praise team and voluneering in the nursery.

Now I feel like I am right in the middle of it all.

It can be awkward for a while, but if its a good church it shouldnt take long to get plugged in somewhere.

God created the church so we could come together and fellowship and learn about him and be each others support before we face an unbelieving world. So try again, and give yourself some time. God bless!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• This is one of those things that really gets under my skin, not you but when people think you must attend church regularly to be a good Christian. I do not need a gathering of people to have a relationship with God. Just because I do not go to church every time the doors are open doesn't mean I don't read the bible, pray, and/or live a Christian lifestyle. My husband and I will sometimes watch the church services on television. But mostly, we do have bible time and talk about things with our son (he's only 2). When I was younger, I was at that church daily. If the doors were open, I was there. But I saw all of the horrible things that went on and it really bothered me. It isn't my place to judge those people or their Christianity. But I knew their actions were not something I wanted associated with me. You don't need a church to have a strong relationship with God. That's just my opinion.

DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm a Christian and don't currently have a church either. You need to keep searching for the right one. There's many times I've attended just one service and decided that a church wasn't right for me....either the preaching was not Biblical, the congregation was cold, the drive was too far, etc.

Have Bible time at home. With the internet and TV services, you can keep your spiritual life afloat until you find the right "church home". I like Thru The Bible with Dr. J. Vernon McGee. He's on the radio and you can find out the times on his website: ttb.org

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Attending church is not required for salvation. However, it doesn't mean that church isn't important. I believe that someone passionate about their faith would want to be with other like-minded individuals (such as church) to share their believes and encourage each other in their faith. Also, to me, it is important to not only believe in something but know WHY I believe it and have a thorough understanding of what I believe. Although Christianity is majorly faith-based (meaning we follow the religion mainly based on our "calling" and feeling lead to believe it, not necessarily because Christianity can be tested in a test tube and verified 100% as "fact"), it is important to know as much about what you believe and why as possible. I believe that this is also accomplished at church. It is important to have a mentor (like a pastor or another person in the church) that is knowledgeble and can answer your questions (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You could have a great relationship with the Lord and not go to church but it helps me keep my focus and direction during the week when I go. I think of it like recharging my batteries..I go to church and plug in. I would venture to say that maybe it is your feelings right now that is not allowing you to open up to people or God. It sounds like you are building a wall (or I may just be telling you my secret LOL) Keep praying that God will lead you to a place where you and your husband will grow spiritually and feel like you fit in. i have recently taken a few sundays off from my church because some of the people are bogging me down so I know how you feel. hang in there...but don't drift away from Him...Church is the best way to ensure we hang out with fellow Christians and have accountability and grow!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You don't HAVE to go to church to be a "good" Christian, remember there are no acts that we can keep doing to earn favor with God(we can never do enough "good" things)Church is good for your faith though, the fellowship you experience there and learning and most importantly being still and worshiping the Lord.  Do you feel better when you do go to church?  Maybe you could pray about asking the Lord to help you with any issues your having with yourself or family?

Anonymous

• (cont.) If you believe in God and accept the sacrafice Jesus made in order to obtain salvation, you ARE a Christian. I think going to church on Sundays (not just to go, but to truly worship and give back, to learn and grow in what you believe) is the least someone can do to show their appreciation. Christians also believe that everything they have is a gift from God. Again, church on Sunday is just a small way to show appreciation for a God who provides. God also requires that we tithe our earnings. Church is another way to do that (unless you donate seperately to a Christian organization). "By their fruits, ye shall know them" the Bible says. We should not only believe but show that we believe by doing the things that God asks. Fellowship with other Christians is very important to God.

(cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009