I am furious and i don't know why she called again.

I told a lady at a loan place that i would put there payment in the mail today. MEaning i would put it in the mail not that it would be in there office. Anyways , i was right in the middle of finding out that a girl i went to school with and was real close to was killed in a car wreck just a few minutes ago. And people were calling here wanting info. Anyways the lady called me at work again, and i just told her not to call me at work again. For one because i was concerned with my friend at the moment, number two, her calls are getting very inconvienent . The other day my boss was standing right in front of me when she called and it was very obvious what it was about. but i don't know why she was calling me again today? If they would call my cell and leave me a message i would call her back when no one is in here or i go to lunch. They hand up and immediately call me at work. If i lose my job they are out of luck. Y harass me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can complain about them. They can't call you at work if you ask them not to. After you doing so they are in violation. Sorry about your friend.

Anonymous

• Once you gave them your work info they have the right to call you at work. A lot of places have a policy where they call every day until the payment is actually received. I would ask to speak with a supervisor and request no calls at work since the payment has already been sent out. Hopefully someone will have some heart. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Unless they are a debt agency, they can call you at work. Only collection agencies are not allowed to do that.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• What if it was YOU who wanted YOUR money? What if you boss was unable to make payroll, would you just sit idly by? I doubt it! You would want YOUR money, and you would want it NOW!

Not sure, if you've heard, but the country is going to Hell in a handbasket thanks to Obama. Companies are scrambling to pay THEIR bills, and they need those who they entrusted with a LOAN to keep their end of the CONTRACT!

Your friend dying has NOTHING to do with the fact that you have fallen behind in your payments.
    Anonymous

• Anon, i am in compliance with my contract. My contract states that i have a 10 day grace period. And that is not up until Monday th 23rd. I pulled out my contract and read it. And i will be enforming them of that also. And they should also realize that i have ALWAYS paid them and never had a payment returned. However if they wish, i could send them a bad check and then they have to wait longet for there money.
    Anonymous

• if you send them a bad check you will have to pay insufficient funds fees from your bank, a penalty from the loan company, and ruin your credit...further. But hey, go for it!

P.S. The "grace period" is supposed to include transit/mail time. It does not mean an extension on the due date. Likely this is why you are getting phone calls! If you've been consistently paying late (the 10th day of the grace period, then you have been considered a riskier loan taker).
    Anonymous

• It’s illegal for them to call you at work. The next time they call, ask who you are speaking too. Ask for a first and last name or their ID. Tell them it’s illegal to phone you are work, tell them if they do it again you will get a lawyer and that you can be reached at home between the hours of 6:20 and 6:25 and legally that is the ONLY time they are allowed to call you. They know it too. Tell them that your office will also retain a lawyer to take them to court.

I was harassed by a lawyer who was collecting an old dept (that I had paid, but he didn’t know that part). The State of Maine sued him and I got a check and did all the people who still owned money. But you HAVE TO TELL THEM not to call you and tell them they can reach you at home and give them a time. If you want to give them your cell # that’s fine, but they can’t call you whenever they like where ever they like.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 4:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It’s illegal for them to call you at work.

Only if they're 3rd party. If the company that is owed the money calls directly, the law you are talking about does not apply.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009