just wondering?

how many Christians watch shows that have like mild language and or say gay in them? what do you feel is appropriate to watch and why? How do you make sure what you watch is ok in your walk with the Lord?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its almost impossible to keep it completly outta the house in todays time.

I get so angry b/c we were watching Andy Griffith as a family the other day. A GREAT family show, and the commercial were SOOOOO terrible. One about who was sleeping with who.

How is it that they can get away with that? What can we do to change it? I feel helpless about it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Man, is there anything descent on tv or the internet? Probably not...I don't know..
    Anonymous

• I avoid the shows that affect me personally. Like, I have been drawn to cuss, it's a weakness of mine.
    If I watch movies with a lot of cussing I find myself doing it a lot more. I guess because they "normalize" it so much, you just do it without thinking. Movies with sex scenes, adultery and nudity. No thanks! I don't have a problem with any of those but I don't see how that could benefit me..It's only feeding my mind with junk. I do watch them with mild cussing though. It's hard to find one that doesn't! Even the cartoons have some cuss words in them now! I avoid the party scene, soap opera, explicit or gory killing movies.
    Anonymous

• I don't watch anything with a lot of filth (except for Dirty Jobs, lol). There are some movies I will watch, like Vantage Point, that have swearing in them but they aren't affecting me or my view on my life or my faith.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yeah, it is hard to watch anything now a days. My hubby and I were going to go out and to a movie, and decided against the movie jsut because there was nothing decent to see! So we try to watch more mild things, that are not too bad, the radio station helps because k-love talks about a website you can go to and look up a movie and see exactly how many times they swear, and all the other contnet too. So that helps. But we are jsut as careful as we can be and if it gets to bad we change it.....
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 4:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think it takes away from a movie if there is constant cussing.Cussing used to be a weakness of mine. So every time I hear it I flinch. Also i do not appreciate all the sexual acts in cartoons. Kissing mostly,but talk about subliminal messages!
    Anonymous

• no we do not watch shows that have homosexual characters or anything supernatural, like Ghost Whisperer.. sometimes we watch things with mild bad language, but if it gets too bad, we turn it off.. it is getting harder and harder to find things to watch..
    amygray

Answer by amygray at 11:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009