What do you think of the Alpha Omega Elite carseat?

Hi, I recently got a raincheck for an Alpha Omega Elite carseat for $99.00 @ a local store and wanted to do some research on it b4 buying...do you have one? The Elite model? What do you think? I want to hear good AND bad! Thanks!

SweetpeaAK

Asked by SweetpeaAK at 3:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have the Alpha Omega Elite and like it just fine. It is the one that can be rear facing or forward facing and accommodates 5 - 100 lbs. (Turns into a booster seat for older children). It seems to be sturdy and I haven't had any issues with it. My daughter likes to be in it. The only thing that bugs me is that the seat belt can be a little difficult to tighten at times...although it has gotten progressively easier the more we've used it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have the sport and the omega. both are great. I can't imagine the elite model would be any different.

I have trouble getting it installed rear facing, but once it's in it isn't going anywhere! ff is so easy to install. If it's one with a base, that helps soo much with tightening/loosing the straps. It's a good company too. The straps on the sport model were pinching my dd's legs so they send me a newer belt/strap for the seat for free. Works great now.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• what company makes your models...I saw that there were a couple?
    SweetpeaAK

Answer by SweetpeaAK at 3:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• love it, my first dd had one and once ella is big enough so will she
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 3:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have it -- we have only used it forward facing because we had a Graco infant seat. It's easy to use and we like it a lot. My daughter loves it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have one. I like it but it seems like the spot where the rear end sits is a little too deep compared to the spot for the legs. It seems like a weird and uncomfortable position. Other than that, it provides a lot of support for my son who has cerebral palsy.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I did not have good luck with this seat. We tried it in my car and in my husbands car and only used it about 2 weeks before we took it back. It never seemed very stable and my son never looked comfortable in the seat. No matter how tight the straps seemed to be, he still slumped forward. Just did not seem safe to me. We ended up with the Britax Marathon, and I've loved it since the first day we used it. And my son just looks comfortable every time we use it and it was so easy to install.
    JP0425

Answer by JP0425 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• The ones i have are both by Cosco. The company is dorel juvenile group. Their website lists safety first, cosco, eddie bauer, maxi-cosi, and quinny at the bottom so I'd imagine they manufacture all those models.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Cars eats are all government regulated for safety so they are all pretty safe if bought brand new. Is it comfortable for your child? I found that the Alpha Omega Elite's cushioning was very thin. I did buy the Eddie Bauer one, which is manufactured by the same people. Also, which car seat will fit better in you vehicle? Baby's r Us has a bench seat in the store for you to try and hook up car seats.
    VBeachMommy

Answer by VBeachMommy at 8:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2009