What should my child be doing?

My DD is almost 4 months old and I want to see what your kids were/are doing at this age.
She holds herself up when she's on her belly. She'll cackle sometimes. But she talks ALL THE TIME, she'll goo and coo and ahhh then scream and laugh.
She constantly wants to be held though.

I think she's teething too, she has some knots on her gums but acts like it doesn't bother her.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All of what you listed is exactly what she should be doing. She sounds right on track.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Sounds perfect to me. Try not to hold her as much as she wants though. She will probably end up getting VERY attatched to you, even though I'm sure she already is. But her seperation anxiety could be worse later on. And trust me. That's NOT something you want.... =] Good Luck=]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Oh please, you hold your baby as much as you want to! She is suppose to be attached to you, YOU are her mother! pish posh! I hate comments like that, she is going to have separation anxiety either way, it's a realization that she is NOT part of you and then not realizing that she aren't gone forever. All babies go through it to some degree, that's why you play peek a boo! :) Have fun mama! She sounds delightful!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm sorry, realizing that you are NOT gone forever...I was miffed, and screwed it all up! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I agree w/ mamaroberts. This is not the time to push your baby away.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009