appendicitis during pregnancy

has this happened to anyone? im 22 weeks and have had this pain in my lower abdomen for a few days. im so afraid its appendicitis. i'm waiting for my obgyn nurse to call me back....

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have you ever had an ovarian cyst rupture? i'll pray for you that it's only that.

my mom had her appendix rupture and it happened after only one day of symptoms.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have PCOS, so usually I'll have that pain often throughout early and mid pregnancy. My doctor says it's just ovarian cysts rupturing. I believe with appendicitis you usually have a fever, as well.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I had my appendix burst 6 wks after delivery. BUT I asked what would happen if it had burst while I was pregnant...and they said they would do the surgery with the baby in utero. Good luck and I hope its not your appendix.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 4:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2009