Masterbation is this bad in the eyes of the Lord?

Hello! Ok for most of you you this is a very touchy subject. I always wondered if it was wrong. I'm really very curious. I'm a Christian, but I could never figure out this touchy subject.
Is masturbation bad in the eyes of the Lord if so can you please explain? Tell me the bible verse that would help me figure this out.

beccasmomabcd

Asked by beccasmomabcd at 3:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • I do not think God will not allow masturbation unless...

1.You are thinking of sick and perverse acts.

2.You are lusting after someone else than your husband.

3.You do it in a inappropriate place and time.

4.You doing it for money.

5.Doing it in front of anyone but your husband.

6.You have anyone,but your husband do it to you.

Personally God does know we get urges. As long as it isn't any of these I feel it doesn't fall under any script in the Bible.

Just my opinion.

Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• oh dear god.. no its 100% fine, gezzzzzzz
    Anonymous

• 1 Peter 2:11
    11 Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.

Galatians 5:19-21
    19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    Anonymous

• We must ask ourselves the following questions:

Am I doing this out of faith?
    Is this glorifying God?
    Could I kneel down on my knees afterward and thank God?
    Anonymous

• Well, I had to ask. I always feel like I'm cheating if I do. I don't feel right but then I get the urge when he's at work. or something. Sounds dumb but I always wanted to know.
    beccasmomabcd

Answer by beccasmomabcd at 3:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If you feel it is wrong then dont do it.. Your heart will tell you right from wrong..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i admit ido it alot, theres nothing wrong with it. it's just YOUR body
    Anonymous

• I just watched a video on this website called Passion 4 Christ Ministries. www.p4cm.com *** I think everyone here, regardless of your opinions, would enjoy this video (like 10 minutes). Because it is so shocking seeing someone actually talking about it. It is a group of young people who talk about the very personal aspects of their testimonies. There is a small video there where this girl shares about her own struggles with masterbation and why it is wrong from a Biblical point of view and how God delivered her. They are even wearing tshirts that say "Ex-Masterbater" around town, so that they can share with people about the bondage of pornography and masterbation. (I would be mortified in a shirt like that, lol) The problem is in impure thoughts assiated with it.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• How is it impure if your thinking about your husband/so while your doing it?

I could understand if your thinking about the neighbor or Will Smith then that would be wrong...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• it depends on why you are doing it. are you just sitting around bored, a little horny, so you masterbate? or are you in a committed relationship & the other person wont have sex w/ you, so you are doing it to keep from cheating? or is sex the only thing you can think about & its getting in the way of your normal activities?

i know a smart man who has transcribed off the dead sea scrolls & he said that lust was mistranslated. the word originally where lust would be means "to plan"...as in you set up a plan as to how you can have sex. so i think its fine to have fantasies, so long as thats all they are.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009