Do animals go to Heaven...yes or no?

Just wondering what to tell my kids about our pets. Also, if you have references from the Bible, please share them. I'd like to read it myself.

I looked earlier but the Bible is pretty large and I'm not quite sure where to look. The only thing I can find that says there MAY be animals in Heaven is in Revelations when he "sees the white horse". Is there anything that says they have no souls or that they won't go? Or is this just one of those mysteries we'll find out about when we get there?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• A book i read called Conversations With God helped me out on these type of questions. In it, someone asks "Do animals have a soul?" and he gets the response "Anyone who has ever looked into the eyes of an animal knows the answer to that question." So yes, i believe that animals do go to heaven. My apologies on not being able to quote actual scripture.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 3:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I just tell my daughter yes..by the time we find out the truth she can hunt for me in heaven and tell me I lied if Im wrong. I don't think the Bible says one way or the other we will just have to wait for that any many other questions to be answered.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• no
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 4:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Of course they do. If that's what you believe. Would it be "heaven" if your beloved pets weren't there with you?? I wouldn't think so. Every living thing has a soul and all souls go somewhere.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Why don't you tell her the truth?...that you're not sure. I was raised Christian and have studied many other religions and from what I've read, none of them are 100% clear or agree totally about this. Parents don't always have to have all the answers. You're not God and no one expects you to know everything. Just tell her that there are some things we don't know about heaven. Ask her what she thinks about it. Encourage her to think and ponder about life's mysteries. It's good for her.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 4:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• If I were the OP, I'd pick moniquinha for best answer =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• no
    Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 4:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm sorry...scratch all my "her"s and ""she"s and change them to thems and theys.
    For some reason, I had it in my head you were talking about a daughter only.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 4:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• There is no Heaven.
    stanmom

Answer by stanmom at 4:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My kids think our dog is in Heaven. But I do not believe that animals go to Heaven beause they do not have souls nor can they make a choice to except the Lord into their life. I guess I don't have any scripture to base that on. I will have to research on my own to see if there is anything that contradicts what I think.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2009