What kind of shampoo/conditioner does your daughter use and how old is she?

Just curious. My daughter is approaching 3 and has really fine, curly hair and it's a nightmare to comb through it. I can't find any children's shampoo and conditioner (seperates)...everything I see is adult stuff. Spray in conditioner doesn't work as well.

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• VO5 shampoo and conditioners work GREAT for childrens hair!! Its gentle enough so that it doesnt make their hair straw like. Also white rain works great. Its not easy on the eyes but if you put your hand on their brow line and ask them to lean their head back and close their eyes and "whoooooo!" you rinse it, it works wonders. I do it for my son, for the same reason!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I started using adult shampoo and conditioner at a very young age. My oldest has THICK curly hair and my younger has fine curly hair. Right now we have switched to Arbonne's FC5 shampoo and conditioner with Biologe daily leave in conditioner.
    I use the Goody ouchless brush (the one with the more spread out bristles) before shampooing and then a wide tooth comb bent for detangling that I got from Sally's after the bath. HTH
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 4:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My daughter also has fine and curly hair. It's also kind of short so it gets really frizzy!
    We started using Johnson's shampoo plus conditioner(in the green bottle) and it works really well.
    I still have to use spray on detangler before I comb it, though.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• MIne is 2.5 years. For the past year, she has used baby shampoo but adult conditioner. We use the Pantene Breakage Defense conditioner. I picked it since pony tails tend to break hair. Does it help? I don't really know, it seems to. But her hair doesn't knot as easily and that's enough for me!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009