This is going to be a very controversial subject. Does Anyone else here think that some police officers are to agressive and use there badge as power.

I have had 2 run ins with overly power hungry cops, and now my husband had one. Unfortunity his was worse. A couple of weeks ago cops came to my house on a welfare check to keep the peace. I live next door to my mom, and her and my husband got into a fight he was drunk. Mean while I started contracting. My husband and I went inside and my mom called the cops so as not to cause another fight to have them came check if I needed to go to the hospital. When they showed up I was walking out to let her know my water broke it's time to go. The officers said they needed to speak with us first I said fine, but my water just broke so please hurry. They said five minutes. The one bigger cop went and talked to my husband, the shorter one talked to me. He told me I can't smoke while he is here cause I'm pregnant I said ok. Then he started telling my mom I can't believe you let her smoke. My mom said I did with both my pregnancies.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And to all the nasty Anon posters who have nothing better to do than bash someone....the OP never once in her story ever made any rude remarks about policemen in general or specifically about the ones she was interacting with and I think you are being horribly rude! She may not be giving the whole story OR maybe she is and these particular police were being a@@holes! Police are people just like everyone else and there can be some bad ones out there! Make your nasty comments if you want, but they just show how ignorant YOU are and I feel sorry for people that have to make others feel like crap to make themselves sound smarter. You can intelligently make your points about reasons her mom couldn't drive her to the hospital or about the smoking (cause hey its a public forum) BUT you are low class doing the way you are. And posting ANon is a chicken s@#$ move as well if you are going to talk rudely about someone. Get some manners!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• of course, with great power comes great responsibilities :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well in this case, you sound a little on the trashy side and I can see why they might not be very nice to you. Smoking while pregnant, fighting neighbors, come on, seriously? I can't blame them for not liking you guys. Sorry, just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• Did you turn them in..Put in a complaint

Answer by louise2 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• What? I have never had a run in with the cops cause I do what I am suppose to do.
    They usually leave law abiding citizens alone. I didnt hear anywhere where is was being aggressive at all.

Anonymous

• When exactly was he aggressive? When he told you not to smoke pregnant. Ugggg what a jerk.
    Anonymous

• MrsDeputy. Are you joking?
    Anonymous

• Is there supposed to be more to the question...?
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 4:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Turn them in for what Louise2 ?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well you gets no sympathy from me...smoking while pregnany..YUCK!
    Anonymous