HELP Please! My 3 year old son just starting peeing on other kids in his preschool classroom?? WHY??

Nikolette

Asked by Nikolette at 4:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL Im sure you don't think this is funny but reading it is funny...put that one in the baby book. Just to lighten the mood while you deal with this someday you will have this great embarrassing story to tell his future wife...Good luck!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Ooooo yuck. I would be pissed if this was my child getting peed on. (no pun intended) lol

In answer to your question: A few good spankings should straiten him out. He is big enough to know better
    Anonymous

• Marking his territory, maybe? I kid because I care, but seriously, maybe you should ask him? He may have an explanation for you, it might sound a tad nutty, but at least asking would open a dialogue on the subject of Appropriate Places To Pee: How To Choose One.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Believe it or not, someone I know had this exact problem with her son. He was also "spitting" at the kids. The mom consulted a child psychologist but never actually took her son to him. She was told that very often it is a "control" issue. Sort of like a dog marking his territory. Sounds funny, doesn't it? He told her not to react with disguist or panic, but to sit with him and firmly tell him we do not do things like this. It is dirty and unhealthy and something we do in private. Never on other people or animals. If he continues in spite of this, then I think I would take him to a professional who will get to the root of this behavior. Hope this helps.
    grandmalinda707

Answer by grandmalinda707 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Oh, maybe he's into giving the golden shower. Eh? Ever think of his libido?
    stanmom

Answer by stanmom at 4:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• lol I am cracking up.....he will be HORRIFIED when you tell this story when he is older.
    Anonymous

• I would just be guessing here, but maybe he just finds it funny. Or it could be his way of retaliating if the kids are picking on him. Either way, sit him down calmly and ask him why he is doing it. See what he says. If he is determined to continue doing it, then try some punishment. Start with time-outs, taking his toys or tv time away, and see where it goes. Explain to him that he wouldn't want to be peed on and smell like pee. Good luck! Kids are so creative, lol, and I'm with ria7, definitely put this in his baby book, one day it WILL be funny.
    CourtneyQualls

Answer by CourtneyQualls at 5:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• LOL!! sorry.. I can't help you, but for you and that child getting peed on that sucks. I hope you can stop it, before the preschool kicks him out
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 8:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Go with grandmalinda- my son was spitting on the other children @ 3.5. We just had to tell him that he was spreading germs and he did not spit on anything. It seems appropriate that you should yell or spank your child for something like this- but it really didn't help us, if anything, it made it worse. Also, peeing may be different but the spitting turned into an impulse control as well. So I told him that anytime he thought of spitting on someone, he had to hug them instead. I know peeing is worse than spitting, I will say a prayer- I know this is horrible for you.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 7:25 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• He may be doing it because he likes the attention he is getting from it and also because of the dramatic response he is probably getting from his classmates and the child he is doing it too.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2009