Give me some good ideas?!?!

I'm a single mom of a 6 month old baby girl. I am sick of frozen food!! Give me some ideas to make for myself that don't take tons of effort???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Anything with noodles...

HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• How simple? Have you ever tried that chiken and rice dish from minute maid? You fry boneless chicken in a lil oil for like 10min, then stir in some broccli or whatever, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can water and I think it's 2 cups rice. Heat till rice is soft and done! I'm sure you could make it smaller, or have some for leftovers. www.minutemaid.com i think is the website good luck!
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Do you have a crockpot? There are so many simple crockpot recipes. You can just throw some chicken in with a can of either cream of mushroom or cream of chicken and leave it on for a few hours. Chicken comes out delicious and juicy and it makes a great gravy for noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm having sloppy joes on toasted bread, cottage cheese, celery sticks and carrots w/ranch for dinner tonight.
    Anonymous

• Anything cooked in an oven is pretty effordless..
    I do mixed vegies just cut in big pieces wix with some olive oil/wine vinegar/salt>>done in 20 min!
    also chiken wings or any type of meat just season, put it in and play with your baby while it cooks:)
    and its much healthier then fried or frozen
    Good Luck!
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Why would you only eat frozen food... you only have 1 kid.. ugh.
    Anonymous

• Spaghetti!!!
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Try some of those frozen dinner in the bag. They are by the frozen veggies and NOT a frozen dinner. They have pot roast, pastas all kinds of them and they are yummy. Spaghetti, soup and sandwich, mac and cheese, salads, scrambled eggs. There is a magazine called Cooking for 2 and it has a lot of recipes perfect for 1 or 2 servings.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Meat Loaf, chicken fried steak, spaghetti, Goose Berry Patch has a cookbook that is cooking for two, it is really good and you could have the left overs.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• cook whole wheat spagetti noodles, brown hamburger add taco seasoning stir together, add tomatoes, onions, olives , sour cream .....whatever you like. it is pretty good.
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 1:10 AM on Mar. 19, 2009