This is for working moms.. I have a job and work 10 hours days.. My question is how do you keeo up with all the housework and the kids things plus have time for your SO?? I feel so tired and my house is a mess and I feel like I am going nowhere.. Help Please!!

Asked by mom2four30 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• Depending how old your kids are I would have them do some of the chores. My kids do the dishes (load and unload the dishwasher), they sort the clean laundry and take theirs to their room etc.

Answer by lisafc at 11:48 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• hey, girl. I deal with the same thing everyday, all I can tell you is you have to manage house work and kids. The SO sould just understand. Plus, you have to make time.

Answer by crittlebunn01 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My husband and I both work and we both work on the house. We have 5 children aged 7-16 and they all have chores to help out with the house. Hubby and I get the stuff that they don't do, like laundry and maintenance on the house itself. We try to find time to spend together when we both have time off but honestly, sometimes we pull all-nighters just to be able to have some quality no-kid time to ourselves. We also try to arrange for all or most of the kids to have sleepovers at friends houses on the same weekend.

Answer by Pogovina at 11:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I am in the same boat as you (4 10 hour days a week), being a mom, is hard but can be done. I know that housework sometimes has to take a back seat. Prioritize what HAS to be done, what should be done etc. Good luck!

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My survival plan:

Sleep in about one hour later on Saturday. Empty dishwasher and start laundry. Basic straightening of house. Pay bills.

Wake kids, expect rooms cleaned and dirty laundry in basket before any activities, computer etc.

Require one hour from each kid to help do whatever I need done.
    Kids get extra allowance for doing their own laundry and need to do it by age 12 or they do it for free! Kids clean up after meals and run dishwasher. I plan meals and grocery shop.

Friday night is kids make their own meal while Mom and Dad have date night. If you can, take the family out for pizza, drop the kids home and go on your date.

Answer by manna1qd at 10:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2008