How to increase the production of your breast milk?

I'm breastfeeding but don't have enough milk. I'm using fennugreek pills but they are not helipng that much. I've heard of Motherlove More Milk Plus Capsules, I was wanderring if anybody is using those!!!

Lana18

Asked by Lana18 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used Fenugreek seed. It is in the mothers milk tea but I was' ify' about the other stuff so I stuck with the straight capsules. I took 3 caps 3 times a day. All women are different. You know you are taking enough when you start to have a slight maple syrup smell when you sweat. ( Only I noticed it on me, it's not that bad. ) That worked well for me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Why don't you think you have enough milk? As long as your baby is having enough wet and soiled diapers then the baby is getting enough milk. I can not produce enough milk and I knew that from my first child so I supplemented with my breast milk.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• try pumping and feeding a LOT i did that and my supply is REally good
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Check baby's diaper count, that's a good indication of whether or not you are producing enough milk.
    If you're pumping it's important to remember that the pump is a very poor indicator of how much milk you have, it's nowhere near as effective at draining the breast than baby.

I used fenugreek caps with great success. You can take 3, 3 times a day. The mother's milk tea works well, too. Good luck! :)
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Drink lots of water and eat oatmeal. It really worked for me!! I made enough milk for 3 babies lol!!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 4:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Thanks everyone for the answers.
    I know I don't have enough milk b/c my baby sucks everyting out an he's still hungry. I tried pumping it out but that didn't help either. I have tu give him formula too after every feeding.
    I use fenugreek but I take 1capsule 2 or 3 times a day, maybe that's why it's not helping me a lot. Well I'll try 3 caps 3 times a day, and if that doesn't work then I'll thry Mothers Milk Suppliments.

Thanks
    Lana18

Answer by Lana18 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Hot shower...acupunture as well...worked for me!
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 5:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Breast feed Breastfeed Breastfeed. The more you breastfeed the more milk will come in..... I had to use a pump when I didn't have breastmilk at all cuz I had a C-section and it took five days for my milk to come in. The lactation consultant said if I use the pump and keep breastfeeding it will bring my milk in faster. alot of women say I don't have enough milk or it dried up. The only reason for these to problems is because you didn't breastfeed enough and or used formula instead of breastfeeding for every meal....
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Didn't mean to be so pushy I just read my answer sounds kind of Bitchy... So We all support ya....
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• ITA w/ sarabeth. Your baby is 3 months old. This is a totally predictable time for a growth spurt. It happens to everyone. Baby just eats and eats and eats. IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU AREN'T MAKING ENOUGH. Neither does pumping very little milk because no pump can express what a baby can. Taking enough fenugreek to make you smell like syrup is a great way to boost supply. But the only sure way to increase supply is increase demand. Just keep breastfeeding, and your body will keep producing. Less than 4% of all women are unable to produce. This problem wouldn't come out of nowhere after 3 months. So just keep nursing but don't supplement cause it'll do more harm and no good.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009