raspy sounding...

my daughted sounds raspy when she breathes and sounds like she needs to cough or something, but shes only a month old... should she see a dr? or no? her month check up is actually coming up on monday...

could she be getting sick or do you think its nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids both did that when they were little. If the temp is normal and eyes and nose are clear and she is eating and sleeping okay then I would say just mention it at your appt on Mon. Babies just don't know how to clear there throats so they can sound raspy like that at times.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son had that. They called it a floppy trachea...you should google it. Does it sound raspy when she sleeps? My son didn't sound raspy when he slept, only when he was awake.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It depends. If it's coming form her throat, it's probably just mucus draining and not much you can do. But if it's moved to the lungs and it's more of a wheeze, then she needs to see the doc.
    Anonymous

• My baby got bronchiolitis in the summer at 3 months old! They can't handle even cool breezes, so you gotta be careful...he has to be on a nebulizer every so often when he starts wheezing again. Be careful and YES, get him to the doctor and don't wait until Monday- could get way worse! Not to scare you, but breathing problems have tended to bring about SIDS, so don't wait!
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 5:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son is 4 months and he sounds kind of rattley when he gets done bottle feeding. when he coughs it goes away. they cant clear their throats so they may be what your baby is doing. but i would check with your doctor just to make sure.
    Anonymous