Green Tea during Pregnancy???

My DH and I are thinking about "trying" soon. I drink green tea everyday and today I was doing some research to see if I should still drink it during pregnancy. I found some research that said that green tea can block the absorption of folic acid. Has anyone heard this before? Did anyone drink green tea while pregnant? Thanks

mazonmom

Asked by mazonmom at 4:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• seriously lol i have never heard that i drink green tea and chamomile (SP??) tea all the time and always have i love it im 34 weeks now and my first was fine and so far so good on this one :~)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i drank green tea before my pregnancy and did during it as welll....
    i had the book your pregnancy week by week and in there it has a few pages dedicated to teas you cannot drink and green tea is not one of them, i continued to drink it during my pregnancy and my baby was born perfectly healthy and fine. my dr also knew i was drinking it and never said anything, im pretty sure he would have said something if i shouldnt have been drinking it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I drank it when I was pregnant. Though not everyday. I also read that it can block folic acid. I am not sure how true that is. If you are really concerned about it ask your OB/GYN. I drank it in moderate amounts and my DD is perfectly healthy.
    mom2pres

Answer by mom2pres at 4:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I drank green tea through my last pregnancy as well as this one. I have been drinking a can of arizona green tea for the past hour or so and my baby is kicking me right now and very healthy. I double checked with my midwife with my last one that I had this past summer and she told me it was fine.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I drank green tea all the time when I was pregnant. I actually found caffeine free green tea and put honey in it. YUM!
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 9:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2009