What do you think abouty "little miss perfect", moms that turn their todlers into pagent queens?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't like it. Thankfully, my daughter isn't going to go through that.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i hate that show and all i have seen fromthe previews on it all the moms pushing their daughters to do it and crap are fat ugly women that probably couldnt even attempt to win a pagent i think it is sick to say oh you got 3rd place your not as pretty as the other 2 girls i would never do this to my daughter
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think its sad. Most of those kids dont want to be doing that. Its the moms that wanted to do that when they were younger, and now they are forcing it on their kids. I feel sorry for their kids, let them be kids!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think it is overall bad for the girls. It really makes them focus all their attention on their looks. The moms say the girls like dressing up, well thats fine, mine does too, but you dont have to enter them into contests for a stranger to pick who is the prettiest. How about the ones who dont win, they must feel terrible.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I noticed the same thing as Mrs.Owen. Those mamas are obviously forcing their daughters to be pretty because they, themselves, are not. I'm totally against it, but all I can do is not degrade my kids like that.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think its just a money maker for whomever puts on the pageant. Kids need to be kids!
    I did not let my daughter compete in dance competitions until she was in HS....when she knew what she was getting herself into and guess what? She did every bit as good as the girls who had been competing for years.
    Again......let kids be kids!
    Grandma2Olivia

Answer by Grandma2Olivia at 5:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I do not think little kids should be involve,why not wait until they are older,stead of making then look older at a young age.It breaks my heat to see the litlle ones crying ,and force to do it.
    oracao

Answer by oracao at 5:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I like watching those shows, even though they're kind of creepy. I was watching one today and my fiance looked over and said "just think how stuck up those little girls are going to be when they're older" then a little bit later he said "just think of what those girls are going to go through mentally when they're older and they lose all their cuteness." The one I was watching today had a little girl on there saying how much she hated getting spray tanned and didn't like sitting and getting her makeup and hair done. It seemed like it was her moms dream to be a pretty pageant queen not the little girls. The parents should let the little girls that don't want to do it just be kids but if the kids really want to do it themselves then I don't see a problem with it.

bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 5:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Don't care for it, not a choice I would make for my child.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It makes them grow up faster then they need to .. They are only little girls once. Let them be little girls. The'll end up like brittney spears or something. Cuz they had no child hood ... Don't make them worry about how they look and if they are making mistakes. thats the last thing a little kid needs. Don't think its cool at all. I don't mind the natural pagents that are just for fun.
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009