lip piercing question

I got my lip pierced on Friday. it doesn't hurt but there is a big bump inside my lip like a hard bump. Its on on the ouside and you cant see it but its big and hard! wtf?

Tiffywall86

Asked by Tiffywall86 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• it could just be scar tissue. if they used a needle and not a gun then you should be fine. keep clening it and spinning the ring so that the skin doesnt attach to it. watch for puss too. if it starts pussing its probably infected. you can always call, or go to the place where you got it done and see what they think it is
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You need to clean it more often, it is probably starting to get infected.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 5:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• having pierced my lip myself over the summer, i was very worried about infection. i cleaned it at least twice a day with listerine to try to avoid anything from going wrong. i also turned the ring a LOT to make sure the skin healed around it and not directly TO the labret. this sounds to me like you may have puss trapped in the hole. try removing the labret (if you know you will be able to get it back in), cleaning it very well, and trying to get anything that may be caught in there out. generally, if it has been pierced longer than a week or two, it is safe to take out long enough to clean it without risking it closing up on you. to prevent this in the future, you maybe try rotating it more often and at least rinsing it as best you can after you eat.
    Mrs.Santana08

Answer by Mrs.Santana08 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• ok I hate to say it but I disagree with the other two girls, do not rotate the jewelry...I am a piercer and have been for 10 years, when you rotate jewelry you introduce bacteria into the piercing you can actually tear the inside and cause an infection, you may be getting a type of keloid what I would suggest is lay off the mouth wash because if it has alchohol in it it will irritate the piercing, make a mixture of 1/4 tsp non- iodized sea salt to 8 oz of warm bottled water, rinse with that and apply to the outside of the piercing, or if you cant hunt down some H2Ocean that stuff is great... other than that I would say unless you feel your piercer was incompetent call them piercers are usually more than happy to make sure a piercing that they did comes out correctly....we rely on our clients for paychecks!!!
    tatuchick4u2c

Answer by tatuchick4u2c at 1:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I say its just scar tissue, I got mine pieced 4 weeks ago and the same thing happened, but now it it looks perfect! I agree with tatuchick4u2c on everything!! Oh yea and please DO NOT ROTATE the piercing or play with it it'll just disturb the healing process! Hope everything goes good!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 19, 2009