does your dr usually ask you about birth control at your 6 week check up?

i just saw a question about this and am wondering if they always ask you about birth control and getting you on it, also

which birth control do you prefer....
why why not?
and please dont say you gain weight siwht certain BC but not others, because that all has to do with your hormones.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes doctors almost always ask about bc. they dont try to convince you of doing anything though. I told my doctor I didnt want to take bc just because the whole concept of it freaks me out, messing with hormones just makes me nervous. So i told her I didnt want to be on it and that was the end of the conversation!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yes doctors usually ask you about BC. if you tell them you are breastfeeding they will discuss what options are OK when BFing. I use the Depo shot. Its a matter of coinvience for me---I would NEVER be able to remember the pill. There is a risk of bone loss with it. And I must admit that a week after getting it my knee caps hurt like hell. But ive been talking calium supplements and increasing my daily intake of calicum...
    It wont be a long term method for me but for now it works
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Mine asked.

We used condoms for forever, just b/c I dont like affecting my body chemistry with the pill, it also made me have a headache.

But I had to go on the pill for my CRAZY all month long periods, so now that is what we use. Its ok. No unplanned pregnancies so far. lol
    Anonymous

• Yes, they asked me at my 6-week appointment. I was breastfeeding so I was placed on the mini pill. After I was done breastfeeding, I started Yaz and I love it!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• but I did gain weight on the depo shot....... and I had and IUD, it had to be removed becuase it was puncked through my uterus..... and I havent had the chance to try the pill.... after this baby is born Im going to get my tubes tide....
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• that should say punched.
    soonmommyof3

• mine did. I went back on my old pill and found that i had mood siwngs b/c of the change in hormones so moved to Yaz. Now I"m on yazmin b/c of spotting issues. I just can't win. :)
    Anonymous

• My doc did ask me, and my preference was IDU its a small plastic or copper thing that a doctor puts in you and its worries free:)
    i like it becouse it dosn't have any hormones
    no daily commitment
    protects you for 5 or 10 years
    no pain
    and whenever you decite do have another baby, it's simply removed...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Mine did
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• We talked about it and she tried to give me the pill. I personally don't agree with hormonal BC. The thought of weight gain, excessive hair, change in mood, etc just scares me. It's just not natural and I don't like the risks. So when I could afford it way down the road, I got the lesser of all the evils and went with the copper IUD. It's not ideal, but no BC is. And as far as convenience, I'd say it's the best.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009