In Your Opinion, How old is too old to have a child for both husband and wife?

goingcrazy73

Asked by goingcrazy73 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• i think if you're 45 for a women you're pushing it..... a man i would say 70 LOL
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• 45 ish for a woman and 55ish for a man. Of course if your my 56 year old uncle with his brand new 30 something wife, your just getting started on having kids. My uncle will be 74 when his eldest daughter from his new wife graduates high school, and 77 when his 2nd graduates from high school. His new wife is only a few years older than his oldest son he had with his 1st wife. In this case we have all expressed to him that he needs to be done, even his own mother tells his she is age for Great Grandchild and Great Great Granchildren not Grandchildren all over again! You know you are doing something wrong when the eldest of the family has a negative comment.
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 5:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think it just depends how heathly you are and if you want to be 60 when your kid is in highschool. On the plus side you have more for kids when your older. Your settled down more savings good health plan all the plus sides. On the down side you might not have as much energy and will be older when they are graduating and won't be around for along time for your grandkids. My dad is fifty and has a one year old and a five year old. He does good when them and is always doing things with them. The only down side is when my younger brother is 10 he will be sixty when he is 20 my dad will be seventy OUCH!!!!
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think 40 for a woman and 45 for a man.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think once they hit that 40 mark they need to chill.
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• These issues aren't for our choosing. God determines when to create life and unless you are thwarting those blessings He has given people children whom we consider "Senior Citizens" in this country. Sad thing is that most people are so careful not to get pregnant that it is rare anymore:-(
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 6:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my MIL was 37 when she had my hubby. Hes 26 now and she is 60 some. they both are. his father is 1 week younger than my grandma. i wish they would have done it sooner cuz now i dont know if they'll be around when i have the rest of their grandbabies.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well I had my first at 18 and my last two at 39 and 40 with two others in between. I know I will be older when my little ones are grown but that does not make me any less of a good mom than I was at 18 or 23 or 26. I get sad at the thought of not being here until the young ones are old but they are here and I am loving every minute I have with them..The hour of death is unknown to us all...so no one should stop living.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• my mom was 45 when she had me and my brother and sil was 41 and 42 when my niece was born. personally i think thats a little old but they are great parents
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• I don't think there should be a limit. There is a limit on underage people, and look what good that is doing.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 11:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2009