I have a two year old and a 3 month old. When will things get easier?

Things are really tough right now. It is hard having a little baby and a two year old.

carsonoliviamom

Asked by carsonoliviamom at 5:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hi mom! My kids are almost exactly 2 years apart. My son will be 6 July 29th my dd will be 4 Aug 18th.

So I feel qualified to answer your question. lol YES it does get much better! I remember when mine were little like that I wondered the same thing.

But I also have to warn you that I miss those hard times. They grow so quickly enjoy them when they are tiny. I know, its easier said than done. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I live in Alabama too! Gadsden!

Oh and Roll Tide!!! LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• when they're 25 ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I had 3 boys in 3 yrs time. with asthma.autism.allergies.
    it didn't get better until the youngest was about 7 LOL.

they are 12,14,15 now and life it great and pretty smooth
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• When they graduate college..:) No seriously, mine are almost the same age as yours, and its never easier, just hard in different ways. You learn the ropes and then everything changes. But I have found that If I make peace with letting a few things go that are irrelevent (cleaning all the time, laundry, decorating, beauty). My house is messy, so what, its not filthy. I wash myself, but no makeup or style my hair and basically wear the same clothes all the time. Oh well. I am not impressing anyone right now. I focus on healthy foods, creative play time, behavior/manners and the bills.  Yeah, I do freak out from time to time because its really hard.  But the hardest things are the most rewarding. I just tell myself over and over that it will be gone before I blink and I appriciate it all a bit more. plus I laugh at myself for being too serios.

missv66

Answer by missv66 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Mine are 2 years apart with the baby approaching 6 months. I have been pleasantly suprised with how much easier it is compared to what I expected. I think it will get worse once the baby is mobile and driving her brother nuts. I can already tell she's going to get into EVERYTHING whereas he was content to play with what was close by.

Like the PP I no longer care if the house is messy (not dirty) and there are days I want to scream and pull my hair out. Sometimes my DH has to pick up dinner on his way home from work because one/both kids is having a tough day or we got so involved in playing that time passed too quickly. If I'm ever conflicted as to what to do (get the dishes done vs play Playdoh with my son) the kids win out hands down. Those decisions make me happier with the time spent!
    2cubs

Answer by 2cubs at 5:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Oh I would say when they hit age ...my kids are 23 months apart, 7 and 9 now and it still is not easy. I think it was easier when they were smaller LOL. My 16 year old is good so maybe when they hit her age thing will be better, oh I can only hope.
    Hang in there mom, enjoy them as much as you can even with the ups and downs, they do grow quickly.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• NEVER
    sweetcareing

Answer by sweetcareing at 6:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My oldest two are 22 months apart, my youngest two 11 months apart. I WISH the younger two were 22 months apart!!!

Keep the 2 year old on his/her schedule and work the baby in around it...more or less. They're more adaptable. Until I relaxed and let things just go and do what I had to do I was miserable...especially with 3 under three.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Update!! My girls are now 2 and 4 and it is way easier! The actually are best friends and play together all of the time. They do fight occasionally but that is to be expected. I am very blessed to have such sweet girls!
    carsonoliviamom

Comment by carsonoliviamom (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011