• In the Spotlight:

Do you gamble?****NOT MEANT TO OFFEND!!!****

Yes I am in the right section....
Being a Christian I see this question makes a great point.*Please indulge me and answer honestly.* A lot of you see flaws in my religion. That's o.k with me. One thing most don't realize. Is if I am wrong there are no negative repercussions. I would have lived my life doing good and being the best caring person I can be. If you are wrong there will be HELL to pay. Is that a gamble you are willing to bet your soul on?(Not intended to offend.)*Please no negative remarks.*Let me add I do not think I have wasted my life either way.(Again not saying anyone else is either.)

Alize26

Asked by Alize26 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not think that following a non-Christian religion is gambling any more than following a Christian one is. My beliefs are based on the belifs of many pre-Chrisitan cultures. IMO, Christianity is a "young" religion. It's a mesh of numerous religions and yet it claims to be none of them. I have studied christianity and the bible for a number of years and do not see much merit in any of the beliefs since most of them date to pre-Christian times. If you look at it from my stand point it's the Christians that are taking a leap of faith. While I don't believe in Hell (which by the way is not mentioned in the bible) I don't see that as a threat. However I wouldn't want to be the one that denyed the exsitance of the Gods my whole life just to be wrong.

So I guess, in answer to your question, we are all gambling! It just depends on what side of the table you are as to how you bet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• God is full of infinitant compassion and understanding. so quit the "your all going to hell" crap, there is no gamble if baby killers can be "saved".
    Anonymous

• Well if thats the case, then why do you have to ask? Do we have to be christain to be good people? No I don't think we do..... If your good at heart and do your best to live a life full love and giving then whos to say they Gambled with their soul, just because it wasn't the way you believe.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• no i dont gamble. I want to be surrounded by the Lord 24/7

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No I do not gamble I think its dumb... Sure I'll play at the Casino when my grandma is in town but I know its strictly for gaming and entertaintment. The most I've ever played has been about $30. I dont gamble with card games either. I dont believe in luck, and most gambling games are games of chance not so much strategy so whats the point....
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 5:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Gotta love when someone pulls out Pascal's Wager! check out this answer if you want.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/richard_carrier/heaven.html

my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 5:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You may see no negative repurcussions to your actions or the way you live your life, but just because you as a mere imperfect human don't see them doesn't mean there aren't any. How many people have you put off from the Lord, through your judgemental attitude? I'd say that is a very negative repurcussion for a Christian and those they encounter. It sounds to me like you should be investing a lot more time in your walk with the Lord, rather than using scare tactics to influence the unsaved.
    Anonymous

• Amen! anon 4:32. No pun intended. lol!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I AM willing to take that chance.....because I have seen overwhelming evidence that I am right...and no evidence of a higher power. Besides that, hell is supposedly separation from God. Many religions and even denominations of Christianity (like Jehovah's witnesses, Church of Christ) believe that hell is not eternal torment in the literal sense, like burning and being poked with pitchforks...it is just separation from God. So, if this God does exist, I have already decided I don't like him, wouldn't want to be around him, and wouldn't be sad if I was separated from him.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Pascal's Wager...Because reducing eternity to a crapshoot is so inspiring. ~Austin Cline~

A moral and loving god would not punish me for having reasonable doubt in his existence. And if he would, then I don't want to spend eternity with him anyway.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009