Is your preteen or teen having sex? Are you sure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I am 97% sure they are not, but I am not nieve enough to say no outright.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• no they are not

yes I am sure
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well I know that he is not a virgin because he told me. And just a warning to the moms of "good girls" it was our "good girl" neighbor at her house and she is a year older than him and it was her idea! Her parents foolishly trusted them alone in her playhouse/cabin because there is an intercom. But I don't think he is having sex with his current GF unless he has decided to lie now.
    Anonymous

• I know mine has had sex, more than once. He doesn't really speak to me about it, but he does with his father. He has even asked his dad to buy him condoms.
    icemaiden6173

Answer by icemaiden6173 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Idk, but she told me she hasn't had sex yet and I believe her. She's only 14 and she told me she's never even kissed a guy yet. Not surprising since she's never had a boyfriend. She is interested in a guy now that asked her out & we know he's not a virgin. I told her my concern and so have her friends. They don't want her having sex and getting pregnant (says my daughter at least). She has also told me several times that she has too many things planned for her life to get involved with anyone that way right now. "Having sex means the chance of getting pregnant or an STD mom, and I really want to go to college and study forensics and psychology. I can't do that if I have a kid even before I graduate." That's what she said to me the other night. I hope she's serious about that. Regardless, she knows she can come to me when she has made that choice and we'll go from there.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Boy, I know I lied convincingly about it to my parents' faces when I was a teen and they believed it, until they caught me. Oops.
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 11:41 AM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My kids are not that old yet... But when they are I'm sure they will be. That's just part of growing up. It's normal. I started having sex at age 11... Now, since I have boys I hope they wait til they are at least 14 or so... But I'm sure they will be by HS... It's just part of growing up.
    Anonymous

• I am 110% sure that my preteen is NOT having sex with anyone. He is soooo not interested in anything sexual, although I have caught him touching himself while watching Hannah Montana. YUCK, sorry!!!! The joys of boys. LOL!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• My son is not having sex and if he was he would tell me and his father about it! That is one thing that I have always encouraged my son to do is be open and honest and to this day he has been!
    ECMOM970

Answer by ECMOM970 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Mine is not. When would she do it? At school?? I doubt it. She's a loner with no friends. Sad but true. She NEVER leaves this house. No sleep overs, no hanging out with anyone. When she's not in school she's here.
    Anonymous