Asparagus is in season! Yeah! Or so I thought until it went on sale and I bought too much!

Need a different way to cook it other than steaming. I've tried roasting it and it shrivled into tiny stems. Any ideas! We have so much that we are eating it for lunch and dinner all week long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Cream of Asparagus soup. Wrap it in bacon before roasting it, use it in stir fry, hmm, thats all I've got.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I always roast mine and it comes out great. I put mine in the oven for 15-20 (depending on the size, but I usually buy really thick stalks) at 400 degrees. How long are you putting them in for? If they are skinny, you may want to put them in for less time. Sorry, that's all I got, because I always roast mine.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Blanche it and freeze it for later:-)
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 6:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Blanche and freeze for later in the summer. I also do this: put some butter in a frying pan and melt it. Add a small amount of water, maybe a 1/4 cup. Add the cleaned asparagus. Add salt, pepper, garlic. Saute till tender over medium low heat. Add 1 can of drained mushrooms. Let mushrooms heat through. Add more butter if necessary. Remove from heat and enjoy.....
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have a recipe for lemon asparagus ricotta pasta from giada delaurentis if you want it- it's yummy
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2009