where can my kids work this summer in chicago

so they can stop asking me for money

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• How close are you to Gurnee? If close enough that you feel they can drive there, they can work at Six Flags. I did that in high school and it was fun. Or a mall, grocery store, or fast food restuarant. They can also babysit, do odd jobs for neighbors or the elderly.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• Call 311 for information on the Mayor's summer work program. Check out neighborhood community centers (YMCA and JCC both have centers all over the city) and park districts; there must be day camps around that hire teens. Advertise at the grocery store; people in your neighborhood are probably looking for teens to do odd jobs, be a mother's helper, etc. The high school that your kids attend will also have resources for summer employment.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009