doyou know which birth control is okay to take while breast feeding?

im sure i will talk about this with my dr soon, but i would like to do some of my own research :) thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• all i can say is ask your dr i did the depo shot but it made me misrible
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I got on the IUD .. My dr. said it has very low hormones and they don't go in your blood stream just in cervix and it hasn't bothered me.
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Progesterone only pill (called Micronor up in Canada) although just after my Sept 08 baby was born I was told that the low dose combination pills like TriCyclen Lo and Alesse (both Canadian brand names) are okay too. Haven't done any research on those yet. I know that in some cases, even though it isn't supposed to, milk production can be affected by Micronor. The only way to find out is to try it. If you have milk supply issues, stop and see what happens.
    2cubs

Answer by 2cubs at 5:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i am going to ask my dr mrs owen, im asking to DO MY OWN RESEARCH SO IM PREPARED TO TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT.

just like i said in my questions.
    Anonymous

• I took Errin while breastfeeding
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 5:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I took the mini-pill for over 2 years. It was Micronor.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i was just saying no need to B**** all i said was that is what i would do because everything is going to affect people diff that is also why i said i had te depo shot but it made me misrible shit dont be a B****
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• IDU
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• usually they give you what's called a minipill. it has no estrogen in it so it doesn't dry up your milk. the doctor usually discusses this at your 6 week checkup.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I got the Mirena IUD. I haven't had a period at all.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009