poor baby with hiccups

my baby gets hiccups ALL the time at least 2 times a day, when i was pregnant with her she got them at least 3-4 times a day.

now that she is here, she still gets them a lot..

i burp her and shell burp sometimes but even if she does burp she still gets the hiccups.
i feel bad for her, she gets them SOOOO much

any thing i can do to stop them or cut them back a little for her??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would give my son a little water.. just a few swallows, that seemed to be the only thing that helped
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My son has the same problem. He did it a lot while I was pregnant with him and he still does. He's only four months old now. Occasionally he'll spit up when he hiccups too. My Dr said there was nothing to be done. It wasn't too serious. I mean he was still gaining weight and it didn't bother him.
    Anonymous

• When my DS gets hiccups I just use the baby syringe that is use for medicine fill it full then just let him drink it. I repeat the process as necassary sometimes it takes up to 3 syringe fulls till he stops.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You can blow gently in her face. She'll hold her breath, and it'll regulate her breathing
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 5:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My dd got hiccups ALL the time in utero. She still gets them now...usually when she's tired. Hiccups bother the parents much more than the baby. Mine is usually ready for bed or a nap when she gets them so her bedtime nursing gets rid of them. If it isn't time to eat I just relax her by rocking, singing, walking, etc until the hiccups subside (but only because she doesn't sleep until they are gone!) The frequency is diminishing now and she is 6 months old.
    2cubs

Answer by 2cubs at 5:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I used Gripe water, it always got rid of my son's hiccups.
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 7:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2009