What inspires you???

When your doing your favorite hobby (ies) what inspires you? where do you create from? newspapers? pictures? cool material, yarn? whatever you do, where to you get the want, and creative side from?

Eveshalloween

Asked by Eveshalloween at 5:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I look at everyday life..like colors and textures to see how I could somehow incorporate them into my peices...like take a real life flower or even a beautiful flower that caputrues your eyes in a magazine...now look at what your working with and try to incorporate that picture..like for me I would do a 3 part painting by doubleing the single flower pic and dividing it on 3 parts then painting the shadows and highlights with complimenting colors or even use a stippling technique to see how it would come out...on a different project I would have cut that real life flower and somehow used stamp paints to kinda of stain some of the petals and shalak (sp?) it on one of my scrapbooking pages..you can use this same technique with other non living items like certain fabrics or even kinda mangling different types of paper to see how it come out.....or i dunno I also try to manipulate my colors by adding water or different surfaces
    angi_mona

Answer by angi_mona at 5:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I grew up drawing, painting and creating things. I look at everyday things, magazines, TV, people, animals, objects, pics, music, just about anything strikes up an idea. Sometimes I keep a notebook and write down notes of different ideas and sketch drawings of ideas too. Then I have to find time to do my projects. I usually start on several at the same time and it takes me a while to finish one, unless its a small project. And sometimes I don't know when to stop until I finish! I also do some wookwork and sewing too. The best way to be inspired is just look around and think of all the things you love or like that makes you happy, that's the easy to start with. Then practice, practice, practice. And don't let other people judge your art in a negative way! Your art is always unique because it is one of a kind! Happy Creating! Having Fun is Very Important!
    jlaney

Answer by jlaney at 9:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2009