okay now what?

Alright I've now missed my second period. after i missed my first one i figured it was just late and didn't freak out until a week and half went by and still no first period. so i freaked out stop taking my birth control and thought maybe my birth control failed (even though i never missed a pill and they were all taken around roughly the same time every morning) and i was pregnant. after several urine tests and a blood test all being negative i've been waiting the arrival of my next period so that i can start my birth control again. (mind you i've been on birth control for years and have never been irregular of missed one) i've been on birth control for years, the only change was from nuvaring to loestin 24 but that was five months ago. should i have an exam before i start my new pack of pills as scheduled this friday? i have had unprotected sex since stopping my birth control.

jess102385

Asked by jess102385 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i would go to tthe dr and get checked it could be more serious and if you have had unprotected sex since you stopped the birth control then yes now it is a good possibility you are pregnant
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Hey girl! I would definatly have an exam before starting your next pack of pills. Only your gyno will be able to tell you whats going on up there. And I know its stressful not knowing whats going on, but try to relax a little. Stressing out might prolong it too!
    Anonymous

• i guess with loestin it's common for some girls to not get a period eventually after being on it. my nurse pratitioner failed to let me in on this little bit of info. so when it happened last month i freaked. and now could've possibly gotten myself pregnant. great. i'm not stressing about it if i am or not i just want to know so things to go back to normal. if i am great me and my boyfriend will be excited, if i'm not great i get to go snowboarding one more time this season, get another tattoo, drink more beer, and still eat sushi. but the not knowing is just a drag.
    jess102385

Answer by jess102385 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009