FAKE PREGNANCY

Hi ladies sorry but I just have to vent & ask for a little advice I have a friend that has been my friend since elem. school! Now not tryin to be mean but she does sleep around she is 19 & everytime she sleeps with a guy she always thinks that she is pregnant Well me & my boyfriend introduced her to my boyfriends bestfriend & they started dating we thought it would settle both of them down, & it really did. But only 2 weeks after they started dating she started saying shes pregnant it been about 4 months & shes has had her period & taken numerous tests that says negative but she is still walking around poking out her belly & wearing maternity pants saying that she is pregnant! I even told her 1 time just to see what she would say that when ur preg. the hair on ur legs stop growing a week later she said "omg i realy think im preg. look at my legs i havent shaved in a week"her legs were smooth continued...

dixieQT

Asked by dixieQT at 5:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• she also says she throws up everyday, and her breasts are sore!! IM GOING INSANE!! She keeps making up excuses to not go to the doctor and get a test!!!! I love her but ive heard enough i am 5 and a half months prego and my hormones are gonna make me flip on her...lol...
    dixieQT

Answer by dixieQT at 5:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Just ignore her when she talks about anything to do with pregnancy.... After awhile she will realize that shes not getting the attention she once was...... usually works.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Tell her to grow up. She clearly wants to be pregnant. But that can't happen if she acts like this.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• lol i knew someone like that in high school lol they are attention people i cant help but laugh at them some people lol they just need help
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• sounds like shes an attention whore! She is probably jealous of you and the attention youre getting so shes going to do anyything she can to get the attention on her. Ive known people like this, its really annoying. Just be straight with her, tell her you know shes lying and its not right to be doing that. Shes screwing with peoples emotions and she needs to stop or youre going to need to take a break from your friendship bc your hormones are going to go off on her if she doesnt stop lol. Make her take a test and prove to u that she is, and when it comes out negative tell her youre done hearing about it. sometimes the only way is the mean way. you can also try ignoring it comletely. if nobody gives her the attention shes dying for it may just go away
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You need to get away from her, crazy people can only bring you down!!
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 5:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Your friend sounds like she needs some serious professional help. And I'm not being sarcastic when I say that. I'm sure you do love her and care about her, maybe you can get together with another close friend or family member and talk to her about seeing someone. That way it will be 2 people confronting her about this problem. I think there's even a name for people like her who convince themselves they are pregnant. Good luck.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• wow she sounds nuts or she uses this as an excuss to cover up her being over weight :/?
    I had a worker of mine fake a pregnancy for 11months then she claimed she lost the first baby and then she got prego right after....i ended up fireing her she failed to provide a dr note
    lesliegail22

Answer by lesliegail22 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it too much. She is going to ruin this new relationship with this guy all on her own once he finds out how crazy she is and how she is lying about being pregnant. But I agree with the last poster. Sounds like she does need professional help. There are ppl in the world that just want attention but they are usually young kids. But at 19 years old, making up stories to try and get attention, especially something like being pregnant, makes me think she might have some type of mental issue. Maybe if you tell her you want her to get help or see a therapist or something, she'll realize that her crazy lying is only making ppl think she is crazy, not getting her the attention she wants. And hey maybe she'd agree and get help. Either way she's gonna mess up things on her own, so try your best to help her out, and if she doesn't want to listen, she'll realize it eventually when everyone close to her leaves.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I am agreeing with cookiemom, your friend needs help. There is something wrong there.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009