I mop and I mop and I mop; still our bare feet are black within 5 minutes! HELP! What can I use to mop these floors!

I've tried bleach, vinegar and various floor cleaners and nothing works! My entire house is laminated flooring and I am exhausted from mopping constantly!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• try a dry dust mop (which is what you should actually use on laminate and wood floors). Mops and stuff just spread dirt and dust around, using the dry mop will actually pick it all up
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I usually boil hot water and use that to clean my floors with some Lemon Lysol...it dries fast and gets our floor supper clean...but I also use a white mop and bucket with a ringing section that way I'm not touching a hot mop..you can get them from walmart or target for cheap...
    angi_mona

Answer by angi_mona at 5:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I use the dust mop first, then regular mop, then I wipe the floor dry with a towel. I just use vinegar water to mop mist the time.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• you can try lemon juice and water since its acidic it will get the dirt up quick
    CarsBars08

Answer by CarsBars08 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Mop with HOT water. The buildup from all the junk you are using is what is causing the nasty black feet. Trust me. HOT HOT water and that is it. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I agree hot hot water but I would also swiffer first, then use a swiffer mop to follow up. You can then see the dirt on the floor because of the inserts and you throw the dirt inserts away and replace with a new one so the dirt doesnt get back on the floor. Id then follow up with mop and glo. It seals the floors so you never deal with black feet again as long as you swiffer regularly and use the mop and glo around once a mth.

Answer by gemgem at 6:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I had this same problemwent to Wal Mart and got a stem mop with the removable mop pads. It works great and the floor is practically dry by the time you're done. It comes with five mop heads.Judyplove
    judyplove

Answer by judyplove at 7:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I use a dust mop and a broom everyother day or daily, whenever i can. then once a week i repeat it and use murphy's oil then put a shine over it and it helps keep our feet clean. By the way, i read somewhere where you can use lemon oil on the floors and won't have to add the shine to it. it's suppose to be good for six months to a year. Lemon oil the floor, wipe off excess oil and take clean cloth and buff it. it really does work.
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 8:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Thank you ladies I have the same problem and it drives me NUTS!! I mopped my floor last Sat and by Sat night my girls socks were gross!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• two things..
    get a swiffer and change the pads consistantly.. or get out a roll of paper towels and a bucket and do it by hand.. a mop is only going to spread the dirt around.. so sometimes doing it with your hands is the only way to really clean up the grime.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:19 AM on Mar. 19, 2009