My 13 week old does not like the car. Can anyone help?

My child does not like the car seat. I have a chicco car seat and it seems as if he does not like it! I need some advice on how to make a 13 week old boy more comfortable in the car/car seat. Does anyone have suggestions?

dwizzymom

Asked by dwizzymom at 6:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just make sure he isn't tired or hungry and try taking him for short trips around the neighborhood and then making a big deal about it when you get back. Make it kinda like a game until he gets used to it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I have this mirror thats in the tummy of a monkey and it hangs over the seat. You can see them and they can see themselves. My son loves it. He talks to himself. Or I have seen ones that have black and white patterns around the edge. Both of my kids loved black and white. I also had to sing alot to keep them from freaking out. if this annoys you to no end, record a tape of yourself singing kids songs and play it over and over and over. Also I have taken a recieving blanket with fun patterns or animals on it and put it in the window like a shade. the sun coming through it seems to amuse my infant to no end. You will look rediculous with a blanket hanging out the window but whatever works. Good luck
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i'm not sure. i had one that hated it too but i went through alot of car rides ready to pull my hair out. i got where i wouldn't go anywhere unless i had too just to get away from having to deal with it..
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 8:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i would try a nice mirror..maybe the baby doesnt like the noise or the movement..does he like the swing? white noise? swing him a little before car rides..take a white noise machine in the car..is it temperature maybe? Try one of the winter snuggly things to put over the carseat if u think its too cold back there..make sure the seat isnt propped up too high (there is a button on the base to adjust the level) and that his head isnt flopping around..they also have things to hold their heads in place during a car ride, some are very nice and cushy and will offer support and comfort.
    JTNMD711

Answer by JTNMD711 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009