FEELING PRESSURE DOWN LOW AT 26 WEEKS?

IT JUST STARTED TODAY AND I'M GETTING NERVOUS, EVERYTIME I WALK IT'S UNCOMFORTABLE AND LAYING DOWN AND TURNING IS STRANGE NOW. I FIND MYSELF WALKING IN BABY STEPS AS IF THE LITTLE ONE WILL JUST FALL OUT, IT'S A TINY TINGE OF PAIN HERE AND THERE TOO. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS COULD BE AND SHOULD I CALL THE DOC? I'M ONLY 26 WEEKS SO I'M WORRIED. PLEASE SHARE ANY ADVICE OR INFO. THANKS!

junemommy1977

Asked by junemommy1977 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ive heard others say they ffelt this that early but if you are worried then go ahead call the dr at least that could make you feel better
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I just felt this same kinda thing the other day. The baby is probably just laying on a nerve or in a weird place, but I would mention it to your doctor as well. As long as you aren't seeing any blood or your water doesn't break, I would say you are probably fine. If it doesn't go away by tomorrow though I would def. call your doc.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• PLEASE CALL YOUR DOC, i had the same thing with my first pregnancy, and ignored it then when i went for my appointment my doctor told me that my cervix was realy short and that i may go into labor anytime this happend around 24 weeks but that was with twins, you could have a incompetent cervix.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i think i definatly will call the doctor in the morning. thank you so much everyone.
    junemommy1977

Answer by junemommy1977 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yes, call your dr. most likely you are in pre labor but if you keep on your feet - you could go into labor. I did this with my second child and they put me on bed rest until he was born...
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 8:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My daughter was always low and for the last few mths she would be sitting so low I could feel her like pushing or trying to come out, but I guess it's normal. I feel slight pressure now and I'm 23 1/2 weeks and I don't have a short cervix, which the doctor said its great.
    Anonymous