Labor fright

So ladies I am having my first child. What should I expect in labor. I am scared ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well i would tell you to relax, everybody expierences different things, i never took classes, since my babies were born early, but i have to say it wasnt that bad at all, im pregnant again, but i think ill do fine.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It can be scary. You should expect to either have your water break or contractions start then go to the hospital. At that point depending on the hosp theyll monitor the baby and your contractions and see how far apart they are. If you want an epidural you can ask for one right away and thatll take the majority of any pain away. Its not that scary really, its the not knowing that is.

Answer by gemgem at 6:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I just had my first four months ago...I was really scared but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Everyone is different thought. Like I went in not wanting an epidural and I was doing fine till it was too late but to be honest with you, I don't remember too much I just remember asking for it and they told me I had dilated too much. Didn't even know I was that far but I ended up having an Emergency C-Section. I'd do it all again though cause my son is the best thing ever!!!

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 6:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Don't be scared! :) I totally know how you feel, but you are made to do this, and you will get a lovely baby at the end. The contractions are painful, but not horrible. The pushing is tough, but not horrible. And when they place that baby on your chest - you will feel AMAZING! Best to you, new mommy.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Terrible, intense, embarrassing, horrifying, shocking, uncomfortable, awkward, painful, and the hardest thing you will ever go through! But so worth it! It truly marks the rest of your life. (Before the baby, and after the baby. ) Congrats new mommy your in for a fun ride!!
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 7:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2009