tumor on kindey

my hubby has been seeing a urologist and went in for and ivp and found out that he has a tumor on his left kindey. he is going back on tuesday to have a ct done of the kindeys and i was just wondering what it could be? could it just be a large kindey stone? how bad is this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Health

• It's probably not a stone, because stones pass thru the kidney causing lots of pain and sometimes damage. People can get cysts on their kidneys and well as benign (non-cancerous) tumors. Here is a website that describes the different types of benign tumors. hopefully it's nothing more than a cyst or a benign tumor, good luck. Feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions. My husband has a kidney disease, not tumors, but i'm pretty familiar with kidney troubles.

http://www.urologychannel.com/kidneycancer/benign.shtml

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2009