what age do u give your child milk?

dreuh09

Asked by dreuh09 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 1 year :) Soy milk is better than cow milk.
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 6:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i started about 10 months.. but not completly.. just 1 bottle a day.. then when she was 11 i gave her 2 sippy cups.. then when she turned 12 months.. she wasnt on ANY formula at all.
    Docs say 12 months.
    Cows milk tastes better lol
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 6:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I started a little at 11 months, to see if she did okay on it. And at 13 months she was on no formula just whole milk.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 6:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Do not give your child cow's milk. Cow's milk is made for baby cows. If you're concerned about calcium and vitamin B-12, give them fortified soy or rice milk when they reach 12 months. Cow's milk is hard to digest because most people do not make sufficient lactase to break down the milk protien. And it is full of blood, urine, and pus, plus growth hormones and antibiotics that they give to the cows because they are kept in horrible conditions and hooked up to machines all day.

Taste is a matter of personal opinion and what you are accustomed to. If your child gets soy or rice milk from the beginning, he will like it and think cow's milk is gross...because it is!
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 7:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• 1 year. She didn't ask whether or not you thought it was necessary, she just asked *when* she could give it. My doc said just switch at around a year once formula is gone (or you choose to add it if breastfeeding). So at a week before her b-day we went straight to cow milk (no weaning).
    Anonymous

• i started giving my son milk when he was 8 months.. but i had to water it down a little bit..
    BUT not every baby you could give milk at 8m.. really it 1yr
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• 1 yr to be safe and to reduce allergies
    soakai1

Answer by soakai1 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Anon 7:14, Why are you hiding behind the anonymous option? If you have something to say to me, at least be real about it. I know what she asked and I decided to give my opinion about it. She can take it or leave it, think it's BS or whatever she wants, but I'm going to share what I know. It's just too bad some of you don't care about what goes into your children's bodies. OP, I encourage you to at least do some thorough research about milk before you decide to give it to your child.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 8:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I was told by NYState WIC and my doctor at one year old.
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 9:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009