at what age do youthink is good to stop naps?

at what age is good to stop naps?
do you make them go to bed erllery wounts you take away naps?
do you think its good to replace naps whith quit time?

sweetcareing

Asked by sweetcareing at 6:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• My DDs school stops naps at Kindergarten (so between 5 and 6). I prefer for both of DDs to take naps until well whenever. DD6 takes naps some days after kindergarten during the week and we have quite time every day after lunch.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 6:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It really is a case by case decision and honestly the child decides. I have seen 18 month olds who would just lay quietly for an hour at naptime and never sleep and kindegartners who need a nap.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Im old and I still take naps!!
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 6:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well I am 42 and would love a nap....I think they should be mandatory across America for everyone...we all just drop whatever we are doing and nap.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My kids take naps everyday and I have no intention of letting them stop. I think naps are good for your health. They're three and we take naps together. We start bedtime at 7:30.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I am 28, almost 29 and a good nap still does wonders for me. lol. I heard somewhere though..that humans, no matter what age, are designed to have a short nap during the day. I can't remember where I heard that-maybe I read in in Nation Geographic or something a looooong time ago.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 11:55 AM on Mar. 19, 2009