Is it time to go back to work?

Bradley is now almost 2 1/2 months old. It's been hard trying to make ends meet. I've been in the process of going back to school, but I need money to move out (my mom wants me out). I don't know what to do. The job pays 14.00 an hour full time, which would be enough to rent a descent apartment and live off of. It would have to be from 1-10 pm though. I'm afraid of missing out on Kailey's life. I would pretty much only see her two days out of the week. As for Bradley is he too young to part from him for a nine hour day? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Get a job and get a babysitter.. Lots of us have to work, few of us like it.
    Anonymous

• I worked since my first child was 6 days old. I had no choice but I didnt have to work crazy hours either. I pretty much made up my own schedule. With Bradley being 2 months old, it is not to early altho you will be missing out on alot of things. If you have no choice, get this job and move out. Everything will be ok
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 6:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• The problem is that what you make may not be enough to pay your bills and pay for a baby sitter or day care. Weigh it carefully, would your mother be willing to watch the baby? Are there other options, work from home for example. You might qualify for some type of assistance with childcare costs.

Anon- your comment is neither helpful nor welcome.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I see no problem with someone working and leaving a child that young. It's true that lots of women do it. Is it best? maybe not, but it's always best to eat. If your choice is work or not have the money to keep your family healthy, work. There are lots of options though. What about working from home? You might not make as much money but if you factor in things like childcare and transportation costs you could actually make more from home. Now, I have a home business, and think they are usually the best option for long term. But they don't pay the bills today and there are fees. So I would say look in to a home JOB. There are a number of places that do this because they can pay you less and don't have to pay for things like office buildings and electricity. I have a list of legit WAH Job companies on my website. www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You have no other options it sounds like. Your single, your mom wants you out. You had a baby. You have to support it. Working is part of that.
    Anonymous

• Hi,

It would be really hard for a while, but maybe you could get started working from home at the same time, so eventually you would be able to come home and be with your kids full time. There are many moms who have found this doable. If you would like to chat about this, just let me know.
    tam
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 8:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Don't forget to think out of the box. A lot of moms sorry about being away from their little ones and start a home business. It's another viable alternative. Although you normally have to purchase your ID and starter kit, the rewards can be far better than working for someone else. You choose when and how often you would like to run your business and be out of the house. You MUST be disciplined though to make it work.
    Votrevu7530

Answer by Votrevu7530 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm a single mom and make a good living working from home selling Avon and Usborne Books and More. I could teach you how to sell it efficiently so that you make enough money to stay home! Check out my websites www.youravon.com/dhullum and www.ubah.com/u2688
    and email me! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2009