Seriously? What do YOU think???

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/17/guns-on-a-plane-obama-secretly-ends-program-that-l/

Anyone else scared?

ddmac314

Asked by ddmac314 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think Obama needs to look up Transparency in a dictionary. He keeps using that word, but I do not think it means what he thinks it means.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• LOL NP. No joke.

It scares me to think that we're getting rid of the guns that are in hands of people we CAN trust... and allowing the others to run crazy with illegal weapons. Smart.
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No.Why should I be scared?
    Anonymous

• Yep more of that transparency he promised shining through lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Welcome to America.... changing America.. not for the better but for the worse! Why was this done secretly is my question. I hate to find out what is really happening behind the scenes, I just know we are headed for some very interesting times.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Thank you NotPanicking for the reference to Princess Bride ! It's like a sweet songbird's note.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I didn't vote for Obama, but I didn't loathe him at the time. I thought he was an ok guy, just not my guy. Now with every news story, I find myself despising this man.
    Anonymous

• What a stupid move.
    Really ... ... stupid.
    The only possible reason for it would be to make anti-gun extremists happy - but if it was done without public relations hoopla, then they wouldn't know about it.

So, that's not the reason. What are other possible results ... ? Now pilots are vulnerable to hijacking just like they were BEFORE 9/11. ... Who could possibly want that? ... Man, I don't like to go there, but you sure can see how some folks are getting the impression that Obama is working to please anti-Americans, even terrorists.

Either that or he is stupidly doing what he is told, and he is being manipulated by OTHER people who are anti-American.

... A lot of anti-American foreign countries own a lot of our US currency ... is he obeying THEIR interests?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I will reserve judgement until I see solid evidence, the op is an op-ed and everything I have found is from pro-gun or anti-Obama concerns. IF it's true I disagree with him.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Ugh. I dislike him more everyday.

And I agree with everything waldorfmom said.

We are headed back to square one. I don't like planes, and now I'm gonna be terrified of anyone that looks my way on one. I don't like being afraid, and that's exactly what Obama wants us to be....

Scared masses of people looking to him as a God.

But then again, the smart ones saw this coming....
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 7:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009