I wrote a check out for .78 cents today...

I didn't have any money on me when I went to pick up my Rx so I had no choice. I just wrote 78/100. The lady looked at me like I was the stupidest person she encountered all day. Should I have written it out like seventy eight cents?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• dont' know but next time you should just give them 78 pennies to really piss em off! hehe
    Anonymous

• HAhaah Anon . . . Why does everyone act like pennies aren't money?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• LOL Anon:)
    Anonymous

• You don't have an ATM card? Seems sort of silly, by the time you pay for checks and things. But it's all money.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No, you do what you have to.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• LMAO ....YOU PAID MORE FOR THAT ONE CHECK...
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Hey if you have no money on you what else can you do?

And it would probably cost more to get money from the ATM, I mean my bank lets me write ten checks a month before they charge me for them, but the ATM would make me get out 20 bucks then charge me another 1.99 on top of that, and I don't think she had her debit card on her, at least that is what it sounds like to me.

Anyway I don't know why I was just rambling to you but I have been in the same situation before as well, so I know how you feel. I went into a Sack and Save once, and I forgot that I had taken out my ID and check card the night before, well I realized when I got to the cashier, so I wrote a check, but the lady asked for my ID. When I told her I didn't have it instead of seeing if she could call the bank or my husband or whatever she was just very rude and lectured me on how I should have my ID on me at all times. Sheesh who did she think she was my mother
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 6:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• My banks offers free checking. I pay $12 for 100 checks. The check would be much cheaper than using the ATM.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• STILL LMAO
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yes, you wrote it out correctly, except seventy-eight needs a hyphen. Cashier probably didn't know what to do with it!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2009