Spiritual readings...Daily devotions....

Is there a spiritual or religious text that you read daily, weekly, monthly, etc?
What is it? How has it helped in your personal beliefs? How important do you think it is to have a reading ritual in your personal practice of beliefs, or not as the case may be?

Open to any religion and non religions.

isabellalecour

Asked by isabellalecour at 6:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• This question is now closed.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• not daily but a few times a week... it doesn't really bother me... don't always believe what i read...
    Niecie

Answer by Niecie at 6:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well, no. Not any one. I love to read up on religion. All religions. If you look at my library there are quite a few of them represented. I do some type of spiritual reading each day and I feel it does strengthin my beliefs because even though those beliefs may not be ones I share but they allow me to see things from another perspective. And in most cases allow me to see other opinions on the same subjects and constantly make me think...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I'm a lot like Sabrina. My collection spans many beliefs. But I do like to read our Daily Word magazine every day (if I don't forget), which is a publication done by my church, Unity. It's daily affirmations and small stories that are uplifting.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• No there isnt one.
    I want to get into yoga/meditation type things but havent yet.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I think it is important to read the Bible if you are a Christian. It helps me know and love God even more by understanding him better.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I read my Bible. I shoot for daily, but get it about 5 days a week. Sometimes I read my bible, sometimes I use a previous sermon and look up the verses at www.biblegateway.com - it saves time with all the fliping back and forth.

I like to use my Strong's Concordance to look up the original Hebrew/Greek words sometimes.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 9:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• 365 Goddess by Patricia Telesco

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i try to read my Bible daily. It helps me and uplifts me and i learn. God always shows me different things each day. For me it is very important to keep up with my reading. Plus being in the ministry it is good to do on a daily basis to get sermon and devotional ideas, and God leads me to different things too.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 9:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It's good to read from Psalms and Proverbs daily. I also like to use other devotionals and commentaries. I like the praying series by Stormie Omartian. I am reading 50 Ways To Really Love Your Kids, by Dr. Tim Kimmel. I also love Joy for The Journey.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 19, 2009