What the sh*t is a mucus ball??

I'm 35 weeks, will it happen to me soon too? & how gross is it so I know what to expect? I hate not being aware of my body and I am not looking forward to this. Does it happen to everyone? lol. Sorry, I'm a goof when it comes to things like this!

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you mean your mucus plug ? lol no you may not lose it til you deliver
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• You can lose it anytime right before you go into labor and you may not even notice. I went into labor with my son and never saw any mucus plug but right before i had my daughter it came out when i whiped and it's gross but it looks kinda like a big semi blood streaked loogie to be blunt. I went into labor 2 hours after it came out but it varies for everyone. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• It's the mucus plug. I had 3 babies and only noticed losing it twice. So it's possible not to know you've passed it. Especially if you pee during th night in the dark ! It just is a little mass of bloody slime that uncorks your cervix to begin the dialation process. It really freaked me out the first time it happened because I had never heard of it happening. THen it happened and I had to ask everyone I knew about ,and they all said, Oh yeah that is totally normal. Don't be worried, it doesn't hurt and it's a bit werid but it's really mild if you compare it to what is to come during the labor and delivery process. It's nothing compared to after birth ! LOL
    MrsFancyPants

Answer by MrsFancyPants at 7:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I lost mine about a week before I had my son. Yep, big, blood streaked, loogey is the best description for it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2009