What should you be packing before you go to the hospital!!!

Ok sorry ladies for all of these questions i just want to be prepared, im not sure how many underwears i should pack or what type of clothing to pack or anything my mind is completely blank.(Could be that my toddlers are driving me crazy:) if you ladies know what i should bring please refresh my memory.

BigSurprise2

Asked by BigSurprise2 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• didnt they give u a checklist? it really depends on how long you'll be there.
    the hospital will supply some stuff. ours did anyway.
    4 you-
    toothpaste n toothbrush
    hairbrush
    breastpads
    slippers
    pj's
    undergarments ( for however many days u expect to be there)
    going home clothes
    robe
    soap n deodorant
    maxi pads
    comfortable hospital wear

4 baby
    going home outfit n 4 pictures
    diapers (if hospital wont provide)
    booties
    socks
    binkies
    jammies (if they let u put ur own on)
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Bring an outfit that you fit in right now. Toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush 2-3 pairs of underwear, 2 pairs of socks, slippers if you have a pair, robe, outfit for the new little one to come home in. blanket, pillow little cooler with snacks or whatever for after you have the baby. I think that's about it. I took everything i listed when i had my 2nd baby and i was a lot more prepared then i was with my 1st. Good luck and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• dont forget the carseat for going home. we kept ours in the car so we wouldn't. if you forget stuff someone might be able to bring them to you
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Good list BubbysMom..I would also add,
    4 Baby-
    Wipes, (if you plan on using wipes, my hospital did not provide them, but did provide diapers)

4 you-
    any makeup you might want to put on, a camera to take pictures, and maybe a few magazines to read while you wait.
    Best of luck and congrats on the new arrival!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Also, bring your baby book so that the nurse can put baby's hand and footprints in it. (most books have a section for this!) Also, things you might like during labor- lip balm, massage lotion, sugar free candy to suck on, etc.
    mom23mandi

Answer by mom23mandi at 6:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009