how can i get my son to take a sippy cup.

My son is 14 months old and i am having the most difficult time trying to STILL transfer him to a sippy cup. i have tried every different kind i can find and he just throws it on the floor after a couple of sips. sometimes he even spits it out all over the floor. i don't know what else to do. i've tried taking the bottle away completely but after so long he doesn't want the cup anymore and cries for the bottle. HELP!

dorky_d18

Asked by dorky_d18 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i forgot to add that i also have a 2 month old so it doesn't help that he sees him drinking from a bottle all day...
    dorky_d18

Answer by dorky_d18 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• The best piece of advice even my doctor has told me about this is that they will do it on their own time, there's no schedule. At first, my son was the same way, I tried the soft topped "nuby" ones, the hard topped nuby, and even the regular old playtex. I started giving my one year old a bottle ONLY at meals and sippy cups during the day when I give him juice or water. He has finally just gotten the hang of tipping the cup, but I have to make sure the hard topped "nuby" sippy's from WAL*MART are always on slow flow, otherwise he just lets everything run down his face.
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 9:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• We had a hard time finding a sippy cup that my ds would use, but he likes to use the ones with a straw and then he will also use the cheapy throw aways (not the straw ones).
    amy068

Answer by amy068 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2009