Cleaning while pregnant...

I'm 15 weeks and today i have been cleaning the house and i use windex and other household cleaners. i try not to and i try to cover my face when i use it but i still get the nasty wiff and tingle in my throat. Im worried at the affect it will have on my baby but i have to clean?? Should i worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt worry too much - just try to take it easy with ur cleaning products - im 37 weeks & nesting right now lol - but i think ur ok.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I am 36 weeks pregnant and have cleaned my house all the way through, I am not too concerned. I have also cleaned the house through my 2 previous pregnancies and have 2 beautiful children, both VERY healthy.
    I am sure that you will be fine, if you are still concerned, I would ask your OB.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• When I was in my earlier months of pregnancy I was concerned about the same thing. That happened to me with the products. I would wear a face mask just so I wasnt breathing so much of the chemicals in b/c it just didnt seem safe to me. Im sure your fine though, I am 35 weeks now and the baby is good. Today I clean with clorox green products and baking soda with vinegar. It doesnt bother me at all when I clean and I feel safer plus it cleans really good:O)
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I don't think you should worry too much, but you could always switch to using environmentally friendly products like Seventh Generation, if it makes you feel better.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Switch to Method brand cleaning products, they sell them at Target. They are ALL natural and the glass cleaner smells like mint, the bathroom cleaner smells like eucalyptis and the other cleaners have GREAT smells too, like cucumber and lavendar.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2009