Do you regret any/all sex partners before your current SO/BF/DH?

I once used to believe that it wasn't a big deal to have multiple sex partners. As long as I was careful about it, it wouldn't affect me later.

Well now that I've found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, I'm really really regretting the 4 before him that I gave myself to. It really sucks to have those images and feelings burned into my memory, and I would do anything to erase them.

The thing that shocked me the most, was that I asked my boyfriend the other night if he regretted having sex with any other girls before me, and he said "Every single one of them."

How about you? Do you regret your previous sex partners? How about your SO?

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I regret all.... cuz, well it wasnt that great...
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yes...both of them.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• i personally do not regret any of mine..thats a part of life that i know was young and dumb...being that i only had 2 before my husband....he regrets his bc he was stupid when he was with them..but the past is the past and you cant change it just learn from you mistakes...
    Anonymous

• Nope, they were part of a learning experience that led me to where Im at now.

Im in a great marriage with a wonderful man who loves me and doesnt give a damn about my past.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Well, I didnt learn Sh#t from mine, so I can say that!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• yes all of them
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Yup. I regret alot of them. Others, not so much. My sister had only been with one man and was extremely curious about being with others. I told her "it's all the same". It kinda is for the most part. I have been with probably 30 guys, which may seem alot, but I am closing in on 40 and just got married last year. What can I say? I HAVE NEEDS TOO! I just hadn't found the right guy....

My DH is an awesome lover, but not such a great physique. My previous bfs all had GREAT bods. It's been a trade off.

Anyways, as a result of my sis only being with one man - I think curiosity got the best of her and she ended up cheating on her DH....at least once (that I know of). As a result of my being with so many - I appreciate my DH's skilllz and have ZERO curiosity about being with other men.
    Anonymous

• okay you ladies are going to totally cast judgment, but I am going to say it anyway. I have a few regrets, a few that are barely worth remembering, but most were really great experiences that I would not give up....oh yeah I have slept with close to 100 different men and women...go ahead throw stones I can handle it. My SO says he regrets most of them.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• YES MOST DEFINATLY!!!!! one because i was 14, and two he was just an ass!!!
    milf0891

Answer by milf0891 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I definitely understand the whole "learning experience" thing. It's true, I wouldn't be where/who I am now. But I still regret the action..
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009