Has anyone else ever used the website ETSY.com?

I just found it and ordered two boutique bows for my dd. Its a neat site.

Its all about handmade items. Its kinda like a backwards ebay. You type what you want someone to make for you and how much you want to pay for it and the sellers bid for your business.

Anyone else know anymore, I am just learning about it.

Go check it out. Kinda interesting.

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 7:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have gotten several sock monkeys off of there!
    Always a great pleasure!
    Easy.
    Quick.
    And Ihave had zero problems!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 7:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I love that site! We've only bought two things there but I am planning on buying children's prints to decorate our nursery. Check out the site www.etsystalker.com There are two ladies that pick a topic each day and then find items on etsy that fit under that description. One of the things I bought I saw on etsystalker. They also have giveaways and I won two prints.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2009

• You can search items already made as well as the custom area....

I have bought quite a few things there. (I will disclose that I also have a shop there, which is part of the reason why I like it, lol.)
    lauraslefthook

Answer by lauraslefthook at 12:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• that is awesome thank you for the info!!
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2009

• I have two shops on Etsy. Suncreations.etsy.com for jewelry and suncreationsemporium.etsy.com for crocheted items, books and patterns,supplies.They have lots of goodies on that site. A forum, groups you can join,interview,tutorials, and alchemy which is what was previously discussed. An area where you can request a custom item to be made and people will bid for their services to make item for you.
    suncreations

Answer by suncreations at 7:11 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• You dont have to just ask someone to make stuff! You can search their shops and just purchase things from their shops!! :) Every seller has a shop with lots of different things! :)
    I LOVE Etsy! (and yes I have two shops there!) :)
    southernlamom

Answer by southernlamom at 10:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2009