IS IT NORMAL TO HAVE CLOUDY PEE

SIS2

Asked by SIS2 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. Cloudy urine can be a sign of a Urinary tract infection or high sugar. High sugar in pregnancy is not good, called gestational diabetes and should be checked. Maybe you should drink plenty of water and call your dr.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster.
    MrsFancyPants

Answer by MrsFancyPants at 7:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I would have cloudy pee because my normal pregnancy discharge would mix in with it making it look cloudy-like. It could be that. Make sure you're drinking LOTS of water, if you do have an infection that will be the best way to get rid of it with or without meds.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• Is it cloudy coming out, or just in the toilet? If you wipe before peeing like you were giving a sample at the dr would it be clear? Mine is cloudy in the toilet, but its just from mixing with my discharge, per my dr and testing.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• I am a lab tech...you can have cloudy pee for several reasons. If you are not drinking enough, toilet paper with lots of powder, and yes a Urinary tract infection. Definitely try drinking and see if it clears up. If you are having back or abdominal pain, frequency of urination or a foul/sweet odor then probably a UTI.
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 12:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2009